Study the structure and working of a solar cooker and/or a solar water-heater, particularly with regard to how it is insulated and maximum heat absorption is ensured.
Design and build a solar cooker or water-heater using low-cost material available and check what temperatures are achieved in your system.
Discuss what would be the advantages and limitations of using the solar cooker or water-heater.
✅Answer: A solar cooker uses the solar energy to cook the food.
Components of a solar cooker:
- A black box: To absorb heat.
- A glass shield: To trap the heat.
- A reflecting mirror: To increase the light intensity.
Advantages: Cheap and easy to use.
- We can not operate in every weather condition.
- A solar cooker is a bulky appliance. To change its position and place we need a lot of manpower.