Take a large shining spoon. Try to view your face in its curved surface.
Do you get the image? Is it smaller or larger?
- ✅ Answer: Yes. The image on the outer curved surface is smaller.
Move the spoon slowly away from your face. Observe the image. How does it change?
- ✅ Answer: The size of the image gradually decreases.
Reverse the spoon and repeat the Activity. How does the image look like now?
- ✅ Answer: The image at its concave side is real, inverted and diminished.
Compare the characteristics of the image on the two surfaces.
- The image at its concave side is real, inverted and diminished. If the spoon is moved away, the image becomes smaller.
- Image at the convex side is virtual, erect & diminished. If the spoon is moved away, the image becomes smaller.