- Select a money-plant.
- Cut some pieces such that they contain at least one leaf.
- Cut out some other portions between two leaves.
- Dip one end of all the pieces in water and observe over the next few days.
- Which ones grow and give rise to fresh leaves?
Portion of Money plant with at least one leaf grows and gives rise to fresh leaves.
But money plant without leaf dies.
- What can you conclude from your observations?
Money plant with green leaves can synthesize food through photosynthesis and able to grow into a plant, through vegetative propagation.