- Collect water from a lake or pond that appears dark green and contains filamentous structures.
- Put one or two filaments on a slide.
- Put a drop of glycerin on these filaments and cover it with a coverslip.
- Observe the slide under a microscope.
- Can you identify different tissues in the Spirogyra filaments?
Yes. Spirogyra filament consists of many cells attached to form a filament. Spirogyra simply breaks up into smaller pieces upon maturation. These pieces or fragments grow into new individuals.