a. What is the method shown in diagram? (1)
b. Mention any 2 intra uterine devices to prevent conception. (1)
c. What is the surgical method of male sterilization called? (1)
1. The total population in India alarmingly increased to 1 billion according to 2001 census. The population growth rate was still around 1.7 %, a rate at which our population could double in 33 years.
Cite the probable reasons for such an increase in population growth rate. (2)
2. Select the Assisted Reproductive Technique that uses an early embryo with up to 8 blastomeres. (1)
a. ZIFT b. IUT c. GIFT d. IUI
1. One among the contraceptive method is peculiar. Find the odd one. What is common among others? (1)
a. Periodic abstinence b. Coitus interruptus
c. Lactational amenorrhea d. IUDs
2. The treatment facility advertised on the brochure of a private clinic is shown below.
IVF ZIFT GIFT IUI
a. Can you suggest what type of a clinic it is? (½)
b. Make a brief note on any three of the treatment procedure. (1½)
1. Note the relationship between first two terms and suggest a suitable term for the fourth place. (½)
a. GIFT : Gamete ZIFT : …………………
2. Nalini is four months pregnant. At the insistence of her mother-in-law, she underwent an illegal diagnostic procedure by which the sex of the baby was determined to be female. Nalini’s mother-in-law cursed her for conceiving a girl-child.
a. What is the diagnostic procedure used here? (1)
b. “Scientifically, Nalini is not responsible for conceiving a girl-child.” How will you substantiate this statement? (1)
1. “STDs present a major health concern in both industrialized and developing countries.”
a. What do you mean by STDs? (1)
b. Name two STDs. (1)
c. Suggest two preventive measures. (1)
1. Find out the odd one from the following. Write the reason. (1)
a. Cu T b. Cu 7
c. LNG-20 d. Multiload- 375
2. One couple came to know that they have a girl child during 4th month of pregnancy and they decide to do MTP.
a. What is MTP? (½)
b. At which stage of pregnancy is MTP relatively safe? (½)
c. How will you respond to the decision of female foeticide by the couple? (1)