LOCOMOTION AND MOVEMENT
1. Observe the organization chart given below and fill appropriately. No need to redraw the chart.
1. Match the following: (2)
Type of joints
i. Ball and socket
ii. Pivot joint
iii. Saddle joint
iv. Gliding joint
a) Joints of skull bone
b) Between carpels and metacarpels of the thumb
c) Between humerus and pectoral girdle
d) Between atlas and axis
e) Between the carpels
1. Observe the relaxed unit of a muscle given below.
a. Redraw the diagram when the muscle unit is maximally contracted. (1)
b. Repeated activation of the muscle can lead to fatigue. Justify. (1)
1. Joints are essential for all types of movements involving the bony parts of the body.
a. Write any three major types of joints in our body. (1½)
b. Name the disease caused by the accumulation of uric acid crystals in joints. (½)
1. Diagram of a joint is given below:
a. Identify the joint. (½)
b. Name three major structural forms of joints. (1½)
1. Draw a flow chart showing physiological processes involved in the formation of cross bridge during muscle contraction. (2)