1. THE LIVING WORLD
1. Complete the table. (Score 1)
A: Human B: Musca domestica
2. A storehouse of plant specimens that are dried, pressed, and preserved on sheets are known as ……… (Score 1)
3. Note the first pair of words and write a suitable word for the second pair. (Score 1)
Living plants: Botanical gardens
Living animals: ….……..…..
Answer: Zoological parks (Zoos)
4. Name the taxonomical aid where the terms couplet and lead are used. (Score 1)
5. .............is the taxonomical aid based on contrasting characters generally in a pair called a couplet. (Score 1)
6. During the adventurous trip a plus one student got a skull and skeletal part of rare animal from the Chinnar forest. Select the suitable location for keeping it from the list of taxonomic aids given below: (Score 1)
(Herbarium, Museum, Zoological park, Botanical garden).
7. Actual account of habitat and distribution of plant species of a given area is called (Score 1)
(Key, Manuals, Flora, Monographs)
8. ………… is the record that contains information for the identification of names of species in an area. (Score 1)
9. Name the records that contain information on any one taxon. (Score 1)