1. Find out the correct sequence:
- Fertilisation → Zygote → Blastula → Morula → Cleavage → Implantation.
- Fertilisation → Zygote → Cleavage → Morula → Implantation → Blastula.
- Fertilisation → Zygote → Morula → Cleavage → Implantation → Blastula.
- Fertilisation → Zygote → Cleavage → Morula → Blastula → Implantation.
Answer any 9 questions from 4-14. Each carries 2 Scores. (9 x 2 = 18)
4. Observe the cross of a pure violet and white flower.
- By using the F1 progeny design a test cross.
- Mention the significance of test cross.
- About which it is mentioned?
- List two measures taken by WHO to prevent it.
(a) Citric Acid
(b) Acetic acid
(c) Lactic acid
(d) Butyric acid
I. Acetobactor aceti
Il. Clostridium butylicum
III. Aspergillus niger
V. Trichoderma polysporum
VI. Saccharomyces cerevisiae
7. Each symptom of two chromosomal disorders are given below:
- Rudimentary ovary and lack of secondary sexual characters.
- Identify the disorders.
- Give the reason for these disorders.
8. Observe the diagram of a double stranded DNA strand:
Identify the bonds A, B, C & D.
9. 'LH Surge' induces the rupture of Graafian follicle.
- Which gland produces LH and in which day LH Surge happens?
- Write the role of LH in males.
11. Based on evolution in the geological period arrange the plants and animals in the correct order in various million years ago. Choose the appropriate organisms from the bracket.
[Reptiles, Plants, Sea-weeds, Jawless fish, Fish with stout fin]
Identify the process and explain.
13. Make a flow chart using the following terms:
[Natural selection, Struggle for existence, Variation, Origin of species, Over production, Survival of the fittest]
14. Observe the figure and answer the following questions:
- Identify the given molecule.
- Mention two types of immune responses in human body.
15. Write the effect of the following drugs in human body:
- Coca alkaloids
- Give the popular name of the programme.
- Suggest two techniques of in vitro fertilisation and their conditions of transfer to assist these people.
[Hint: In Situ, Ex-Situ conservation]
18. Transcription of eukaryotes are more complicated than that of prokaryotes. Explain any two additional complexities found in the transcription of eukaryotes.