2016 MARCH (+1) 1. The characteristic features of an invertebrate is given.
PART B: ZOOLOGY
“The phylum includes the comb jellies, also called walnuts. They are noted for their bioluminescence and comb plates.” Identify the phylum. (1)
2. Fill in the blanks with appropriate word:
Osteichthyes: Cycloid scales Chondrichthyes: ……… (1)
3. From the following list, pick out the enzyme, that takes part in carbohydrate digestion. (1)
(Salivary amylase, peptidase, lipase, carboxypeptidase)
4. Observe the following chart and answer the given questions:
Fill in the missing words A and B. (1)
5. Name the phyla in which the following cells/ structures/ organs are present.
a) Radulab) Cnidoblastc) Pneumatic boned) Proboscis gland (2)
6. Carbon dioxide transport in the form of bicarbonate ion is picturized below. Observe the diagram and identify the enzyme. (1)
7. Metabolites are organic compounds constantly utilized in various metabolic activities in the cells.
a) What are the two types of metabolites in cells?b) Give an example for each type of metabolites.
8. Observe the diagram carefully and answer the following questions. (3)
a) Label the parts marked as A, B, C, D.b) Identify the photoreceptor cells present in human eye.
9. “A contracted muscle becomes shorter and thicker but its volume remains the same.”
a) Which theory explains the process of muscle contraction?b) Identify two contractile proteins seen in muscle.
10. During the adventurous trip a plus one student got a skull and skeletal part of rare animal from the Chinnar forest. Select the suitable location for keeping it from the list of taxonomic aids given below: (1)
(Herbarium, Museum, Zoological park, Botanical garden)
11. The following diagram shows the characteristic features of a phylum.
a) Identify the phylum.b) Mention four salient features of this phylum. (2)
12. “The functioning of human kidney is efficiently monitored and regulated by hormonal actions of hypothalamus pituitary, JGA and to a certain extent by heart “
a) Do you agree with this statement’?b) Justify your answer with suitable reasons. (2)
13. In human beings, dentition is heterodont. This condition means
a) Presence of two types of teethb) Presence of two sets of teethc) Presence of different types of teethd) Teeth are placed in sockets of jaw
14. Carefully observe the given Sigmoid curve on the graph and answer the following questions.
a) What does the graph indicates’?b) What are the three facts affecting the Sigmoid pattern of the graph.
15. Enzymes are biocatalysts which regulate various biochemical reactions. Illustrate the following reactions. (2)
E+S → ES → E+P
16. Hormonal abnormality is responsible for certain diseases in man. List of some diseases are given below. Write the hormone related to each of it. (2)
a) Diabetes mellitus b) Gigantism (c) Diabetes insipidus d) Cretinism
Like insulin and glucagon, PTH and calcitonin are antagonistic in their action in maintaining normal blood calcium level. Substantiate this statement. (2)
17. Longitudinal section of the human heart showing internal structure is given below. Observe the diagram and answer the following questions:
a) Label the parts marked as A, B, C.b) Draw a flowchart to show double circulation. (3)
“Sinoatrial Node is called pace maker of our heart.”
a) Justify the statement.b) Define cardiac cycle and cardiac output.