LOCOMOTION AND MOVEMENT
a. Which among this represents the contracted state? (½)
b. Name the parts labeled as A, B and C. (1½)
1. In your practical class, teacher brought a tray containing the following human bones.
Humerus, Patella, Carpals, Ulna, Radius,
Tibia, Tarsals, Femur
a. Categorize them into two (1)
b. Give the criteria of your categorization. (1) (2 Score)
1. Give two examples for each of the following: (2)
a. Synovial joints b. Muscular proteins
1. The important findings in the case sheet of two patients A and B show that both are suffering from disorders of the skeletal system.
a. Patient A is suffering from inflammation of joints due to the accumulation of uric acid crystals.
b. Patient B shows decreased bone mass and decreased level of oestrogen.
Identify the disorders or diseases of A and B. (1+1=2)
1. Red muscle fibres have greater capacity to do work for a prolonged period, whereas white muscle fibres suffer from fatigue after a short work. Evaluate the statement. (2)
1. Based on the diagram given below, can you write down the structural changes occurring in sarcomeres during muscular contraction? (Hint: Any two changes) (2)