1. Given below is the diagrammatic representation of human blastocyst. Observe the diagram and answer the following questions.
a. Identify A & B (1)
b. Write the functions of A & B (1)
2. When the urine sample of a lady is tested, presence of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) is detected.
a. What does the presence of HCG indicate? (½)
b. Which is the source of HCG? (½)
1. The graph below shows the levels of LH and FSH at various stages of menstrual cycle.
a. Name the source of LH and FSH (1)
b. The level of LH is maximum during the middle day of the cycle. Mention its effects. (1)
c. Note the function of LH in males. (1)
The above graph shows the levels of ovarian hormones in a normally menstruating woman during follicular phase.
a. Name a & b. (1)
b. Mention the role of pituitary hormones in maintaining this condition. (1)
c. Reconstruct the graph for luteal phase. (1)
1. Note the relationship between first two terms and suggest a suitable term for the fourth place. (½)
a. Progesterone : Corpus luteum HCG : …………
2. Observe the graph provided.
What do A and B stand for? (1)
3. Observe the diagram provided and identify the process.
a. Label A,B,C and D (1)
b. Why the gametes are produced haploid even though the gamete mother cells are diploid? (1)
1. Some stages of the embryonic development are given below. Observe these diagrams and answer the questions.
a. What is A & B? (1)
b. Name the two types of cells found in the blastocyst. (1)
c. Which layer of blastocyst is attached to the endometrium? And name that process. (1)
2. Observe the diagram provided (Do not copy the picture)
a. Label A & B (1)
b. On which day of menstrual cycle Graafian follicle rupture? (½)
c. Name the process induces the rupture of Graafian follicle. (½)
d. Write the name and function of the structure forming inside the ovary after the rupture of Graafian follicle. (1)