HUMAN HEALTH AND DISEASES
1. Most often HIV infection occurs due to conscious behavior patterns. Do you agree with this statement? Substantiate your answer. (2)
2. Nature has as many varieties of plants which give drugs to abuse, as there are medicinal plants which give medicines. Substantiate with two examples. (2)
1. Prepare a pamphlet for Adolescent children to make them aware of alcohol and drug abuse. (2)
2. “Prevention is better than cure.” This statement is true in the case of AIDS as well as immunization. Substantiate. (2)
1. Classify the diseases given in the box as two groups based on their causative organisms. Specify the type of causative organism for each group. (2)
Typhoid, Malaria, Pneumonia, Diphtheria, Amoebiasis
2. Prepare a pamphlet for an awareness programme in your school about the measures to prevent and control alcohol and drug abuse in adolescents. (2)
1. Briefly describe the characteristics of cancer cells. (2)
2. It is said that “Chikungunya” once affected will not affect a person in the next half of his life. Justify this statement. (2)
1. Mother’s milk is considered essential for new born infants. (1)
a. Name the fluid secreted by mother from breast during the initial days of lactation.
b. What type of immunity it provides?
2. Cancer is one of the most dreaded diseases of human beings and is a major cause of death all over the globe. (3)
a. What are the causes of cancer?
b. What are the methods for detection of cancer?
3. What are the types of treatment for cancer?
1. Match the terms given in the three columns of the table correctly: (2)
2. “If proper care and attention is not given by adults, adolescents may become addicted to drugs/alcohol.” What is your opinion about this statement? Substantiate your answer. (2)