BIODIVERSITY AND CONSERVATION
a. Write A and B.
b. What is co-extinction? (Scores: 2)
1. Read the statements and choose the correct option:
i. Sacred grooves are examples of in situ conservation
ii. Biodiversity hotspots have low degree of endemism.
iii. Biodiversity increases when number of organisms in a particular species increases.
a. Statement A alone is correct.
b. Statements A and B are correct.
c. Statements A and C are correct.
d. Statement C alone is correct. (Score: 1)
1. a) “When we conserve and protect the whole ecosystem, its biodiversity at all levels is protected.” Based on this statement explain the strategies of biodiversity conservation. (Scores 3)
b) “When need turns to greed, it leads to biodiversity loss.” Substantiate this statement by explaining two causes of biodiversity loss. (Scores 3)
1. Z-values of a frugivorous bat species are given below. Which value is not applicable to continents? (Score: 1)
(1) 0.6 (2) 0.65 (3) 0.2 (4) 0.68
2. Distinguish in situ conservation from ex situ conservation with one example each. (Scores: 2)
1. Observe the graph and answer the following questions:
(a) Name S, A, Z and C in the graph.
(b) Name the scientists who explained Species-Area relationship.