1. The characteristic features of an invertebrate is given.
“The phylum includes the comb jellies, also called walnuts. They are noted for their bioluminescence and comb plates.” Identify the phylum. (1)
2. Fill in the blanks with appropriate word:
Osteichthyes: Cycloid scales
Chondrichthyes: …………………… (1)
3. Name the phyla in which the following cells/ structures/ organs are present.
a) Radula b) Cnidoblast
c) Pneumatic bone d) Proboscis gland (2)
4. The following diagram shows the characteristic features of a phylum.
a) Identify the phylum.
b) Mention four salient features of this phylum. (2)
1. Match the items in columns B and C with A. (3)
Presence of hair
Open circulatory system
Presence of two chambered heart
Presence of Nephridia
Features of different phyla/ class are given below. Identify the phylum/class and give examples of each group.
a) Body is covered by scales, heart is three or four chambered. They respire through lungs.
b) They are exclusively marine, commonly called sea walnuts and shows bioluminescence.
c) Body is divided into proboscis, collar and trunk. They have open circulatory system and presence of proboscis gland. (3)
2. Among the different phyla of animals ....................... have pseudocoelom. (1)
3. Categorize the following animals under radial symmetry and bilateral symmetry.
Physalia, Tapeworm, Fasciola, Adamsia (2)
4. Prepare two matching pairs from the given list of animals and excretory organs. (2)
1. Note the relationship in the first pair and then complete the second pair.
Osteichthyes: cycloid scales Chondrichthyes: ………..
2. Arrange the following terms under two headings based on symmetry.
Arthropods, Ctenophores, Molluscs, Coelenterates
3. a) A table showing examples of vertebrates given below. But some of the examples are wrongly given. Identify and rearrange it.
b) Which of the above mentioned class is characterized by the presence of pneumatic bones?