EXCRETORY PRODUCTS AND THEIR ELIMINATION
1. In a biology class related to excretion in the human body, a student gave an opinion that in every minute about 2% of the total blood volume of the body is converted to GFR whereas only 1% of this GFR is eliminated as urine. Evaluate this opinion and substantiate your answer. (2)
1. Observe the schematic diagram showing the mechanism for regulating blood volume.
a. Fill the gap in the diagram. (½)
b. Illustrate how blood volume is regulated by this system. (1½)
1. The output of urine increases in clod days while decreases in hot and sunny days. Can you give a reason for this phenomenon as realized from the graph given below? (2)
1. A diagrammatic representation of a nephron is given.
a. Identify the parts labeled as X and Y.
b. Which part/parts of a nephron constitute the Malpighian body? (1+1=2)
1. Observe the figure given below and answer the questions.
a. Write the name of the figure.
b. Name the labelled part (A) and (B). (2)
1. Terrestrial animals are either ureotelic or uricotelic not ammonotelic. Evaluate the statement. (2)